Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Unconditional Love

OK, let me put it out there first and foremost...I know my daughter is not a dog, but right now, there's an unconditional love that just comes included with a two year old. You don't pay extra...you don't have to go through a big list of options and worry that you forgot to check "unconditional love" at closing. Sure...she gets mad and she has her fits, but even if I'm just in the other room for a while and she hasn't seen me, she will yell "DADDY" and come running with her arms wide open and a huge smile on her face.

Will she still love me when she's 12? I would assume so. I just think I'm going to miss the exuberance and the openness of it once she knows how to follow the "rules of society."

Terrible twos are nothing...I am preparing for the terrible teens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Every stage of her life will be different. You will enjoy it in different ways and you will cherish then what you are enjoying now.