Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Beginning of Conversation

It is sobering and amazing to realize that my daughter now has the comprehension and ability to have a conversation with me. It's not the philosophical renderings of the TaoDeJing...it isn't even a discussion on relational databases and their use in today's society. It is a very simple conversation the likes of which I will have countless times with my seemingly independent daughter. It is yet another thought of her that gets me up in the morning and makes me smile when there's nothing else to smile about. It is bold and unadulterated truth and is beautiful in its simplicity.

Daddy: "Maddy? Do you want to go to bed?"
Maddy: "No."

1 comment:

DuckieMom said...

My, what a very intelligent daughter you have - but be sure to spell the word she is saying correctly: D-U-C-K-I-E.

And don't forget YOU were the one who came up with it in the first place!

Love you guys - when are you going to come and visit us again????

The One and Only Duckie