Friday, June 5, 2009

Swinging

This is going to be a relatively boring post, because I don't have any pictures or video to back it up. There IS video, but unfortunately it ends with the large German Shepherd doing something that should never be filmed. Let's just say it required a large clean up effort. Here's a new picture of the two stars, though.
So I'm guessing that pretty much anyone with kids goes through this at some point. She's never been one to be scared of going too high on the swings and there are some special swings at our park that I can REALLY get her "to the sky" (as she puts it). But swinging has been a constant chore...like making candy...you always have to be there to stir the boiling molten lava that is the sugar mixture. Yes I'm comparing my child to a boiling pan of caro syrup because God help you if you fail to keep her as high as she likes!

Well, the other day I went to pick her up from daycare and there she was swinging like a champ ALL BY HERSELF. In my head, I fell to my knees as she yelled over to me "Look Daddy. I swing myself!" It never fails to amaze me how many things she just all of a sudden gets. Its like overnight, she wakes up the next morning and can play the oboe. I'll be happy with swinging for now.

1 comment:

DuckieMom said...

Aww . . . can't you do an edit job? Besides, I am sure that most of us have seen a dog do what the German Shepherd did before, just maybe not in the same VOLUME the German Shepherd did it.