Monday, November 26, 2007

The Fire II - Recovery

Sorry for the long hiatus. No, no...its not the writer's strike that's been affecting the publication of Maddy's Blog (although Mr. Clooney's donation has helped immensely). It has been the slow rebuilding of Daddy's house that has taken me away from my duties. Everything is almost back to normal. The house has been rebuilt where needed, painted from top to bottom, and all carpet has been replaced. We still have a couple of things that are in transition, but things are getting back to normal.

Unfortunately, I had to throw out essentially every single thing of Maddy's...toys, food, bed, etc. They advised me to throw out anything that might get in her mouth or she would be exposed to on a regular basis. I don't know what that says for anything I'm exposed to on a regular basis, but I didn't really force the issue. Thanks to a generous donation from a local entrepreneur (her mother), she has a few toys and somewhere to sleep. Thank goodness Christmas is coming.

One good thing has come out of the wholesale destruction of Maddy's stuff...the Devil Dog is gone.

No comments: