Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Diaper Optional Resort

OK...I was warned...I admit it. The last words her mother spoke to me: "I've found that the only way she'll keep her diaper on at night is to put pajamas on her." And knowing full well that my wonderful daughter had NEVER taken her diaper off in the middle of the night while she was at Daddy's house, I thought I was safe.

It was one of those "no nap" days and after going to the store for food and supplies (bananas and doggy treats), she was in her usual state (read: sleeping) about five minutes after getting in the car. I knew it was going to be one of those straight to bed nights when she didn't even wake up on the way in from the garage. I got her some milk, changed her diaper, and put her into bed with her shirt on and...duh duh DUUUUUHHHHH...THE DIAPER!

And what do you think I discovered this morning? My daughter, completely naked (no shirt either) and smelling like a non-alcoholic and cute bum smiling up at me from her bed. THANK GOODNESS she didn't feel like eating anything the night before.

Baby's aren't the only one's learning.

1 comment:

DuckieMom said...

Daddy, you got off soooooo easy!! Wait until she is old enough, and we can tell her what you did with the contents of one of your diapers and your bedroom wall. Let's just say it was NOT one of those masterpieces kept for posterity (no pun intended).

When are you going to bring her for another visit? She's growing so fast!

Love,

Aunt Duckie