Sunday, August 19, 2007

Things My Daugher Has Been Up To Lately

Since I've been extremely remiss in posting lately, here is a bulleted list of the things my daughter has been up to:

  • She put her hand on my dog's back and said "mine."

  • She accidentally killed a caterpillar today. She tried to pick it up, squeezed a little too hard, and by the time I had shaken it out of her hand, it was gone. She felt really bad about it too...sad and crying.

  • She's is taking to swings more. Likes to go higher and higher and certainly does NOT like to be taken out until she's ready (or until I trick her into going down the slide).

  • She is now fond of singing in the car. Don't know what she's singing (it could be a rendition of the ABCs or even In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, but you wouldn't know...its singing...what do you want?).

  • Whenever I'm trying to get her to leave daycare and she's fighting it, I ask her if she wants to go see Blitz. And then the rest of the way home is "Where's Bwish?" over and over again.

  • She has begun to do the "I don't know" shrug. Its about the cutest thing!

  • We are weaning her off the bottle and trying to go with sippy cups almost exclusively (I still give her a bottle for night-night).

  • I believe my daughter is a vegetarian. I give her a cheeseburger and she takes both buns off, eats the cheese and pickles and then sticks her whole face into the ketchup and mustard left on the bun...oh and then smiles at me with that innocence.

  • She knows what kind of sound a doggy makes.

  • She is able to climb on monkey bars (with a little help).

  • She knows what "knock knock" is and can say it and bang on a door when she's saying it.

  • She knows how to use furniture and natural obstacles as cover when she's trying to get away from me (and screams and laughs whenever I corner her).
That's it for now. Its hard to take pictures of a lot of this stuff when you're trying to catch her or play with her or just take everything about her in. I'll try harder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you're a better writer than you've ever conbsidered! This is great stuff for a Grandma so far away! I really miss my girl. You forgot that she "reads" now!