Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My Daughter and Her Boyfriend

Ok, so I've been told by the daycare personnel that there's a little boy named Ethan, who apparently is very close to my daughter.

Now, I know she's only one (and a little bit) and he's only a little older, but the first thing that passes through my head is "Why haven't I met this boy?" and "I wonder what his parents do?" (Just an FYI...they will always be boys to me...my daughter will be 35 years old and still be dating, married to...whatever it is...boys) (oh...and not having sex...miracle births, and whatnot)

Back to Ethan. Most people would say he's a curly haired little cutey. He's walking and doing the stuff babies do, but that's not the way I see it. When I get past the view I have of the 18 year old punk kid trying to honk the horn in the driveway to get Maddy to come out so he doesn't have to come in, and see the 18 month old standing before me, I see that he's not talking (at least not to me), he's always carrying his raggedy blanket around, and he's got his innocent act down perfect. Well, I see through all that. I don't know what goes on at daycares when the parents aren't around, but I'm watching you, Ethan.

And so begins the insanity that is having a daughter.

1 comment:

stan said...

you don't have to be afraid of little Ethan you should be able to take him down a peg or two if needed. if you think about it now is the time that he need to be groomed to make him a good suitor for her.